With the rise in electric vehicle (EV) technology, more and more drivers are making the switch to a green lifestyle. But one of the drawbacks is having to find a charging station when you’re out and about; that’s why installing an EV charging station at home could be a great investment. Read on to learn more about the benefits of having a charging station installed at home, and why you should consider making this investment now!
As the number of electric vehicles (EVs) on the road continues to rise, more and more people are wondering if they should install an EV charging station at home. While there are many public charging stations available, there are also many benefits to installing a charger at home.
The most obvious benefit is convenience. Having a charger at home means that you can charge your car whenever you want, without having to worry about finding a public station that isn’t already in use.
Another benefit is cost savings. Public charging stations can be expensive to use, especially if you are using them frequently. Installing a charger at home can help you save money in the long run.
Finally, installing a charger at home can also help the environment. EVs produce zero emissions, so by charging your car at home you’ll be doing your part to reduce pollution and help make the world a cleaner place.
What Is An EV Charging Station?
An EV charging station is a device that charges an electric vehicle (EV) using electricity. The process of charging an EV can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 8 hours, depending on the type of charger and the size of the EV battery. Level 1 chargers use a standard 120-volt outlet and are the slowest, while Level 2 chargers use a 240-volt outlet and can charge an EV up to four times faster. Level 3 chargers, also known as DC fast chargers, use 480-volt direct current (DC) power and can charge an EV in as little as 30 minutes.
There are many benefits to installing an EV charging station at home. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that you will no longer need to go to a public charging station to charge your EV, which can save you time and money. Having an EV charging station at home will also increase your property value and make your home more attractive to potential buyers should you ever decide to sell.
Benefits of Installing an EV Charging Station at Home
Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly popular, as they offer many benefits over traditional petrol or diesel cars. One of the main advantages of EVs is that they emit no pollutants, which is great for the environment. Another big plus is that EVs are much cheaper to operate than petrol or diesel cars, since electricity is much cheaper than petrol or diesel.
If you’re considering making the switch to an electric vehicle, one of the first things you’ll need to do is install an EV charging station at home. Here are some of the benefits of installing a home EV charging station:
- Convenience – Having a home EV charging station means you’ll always have a place to charge your car, even if there are no public chargers available. This can be a real lifesaver if you’re ever stranded somewhere with a dead battery.
- Cost savings – Charging your EV at home is usually cheaper than using public chargers, since most public chargers charge by the hour. With a home charger, you can charge your car overnight when electricity rates are typically lower. Over time, this can add up to significant savings on your electric bill.
- Increased resale value – If you ever decide to sell your EV, having a home charging station installed will make it more attractive to potential buyers and could help you get a higher price for your car.
- peace of mind – Knowing that you have a backup plan in case of emergencies can give you peace of mind and
Considerations to Make Before Installing an EV Charging Station
When it comes to electric vehicles, there are a few things you should take into consideration before installing an EV charging station. Here are a few things to think about:
- The type of vehicle you have – Not all electric vehicles are the same and some may require different types of charging stations. Be sure to consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual or do some research online to determine what kind of charger is best for your car.
- The location of the charger – You’ll want to consider where you’ll be parking your car and whether or not there’s an outlet nearby. If not, you may need to have an electrician install one for you.
- The cost of installation – Installing an EV charger can be costly, so you’ll want to factor that into your decision. You may be able to get a rebate from your local utility company to help offset the cost.
- The size of the charger – Some chargers are larger than others and take up more space. Make sure you have enough room to comfortably install the charger without it being in the way.
Cost of Installing an EV Charging Station
The average cost to install a Level 2 charger (240V) is between £1,000 and £2,000. The price of a charger will depend on the amperage, power output, and features. Also, you will need to take into consideration where the charger is going to be located in reference to the fuse board.
To get a full understanding of the costs involved, get in touch with Godiva EV Charging today, our experienced engineers will be able to give you the right information and get you a specific quote for your circumstances.
Installing an EV charging station at home is a valuable investment that will pay off in the long run. Not only do electric vehicles provide a clean and efficient form of transportation, but they also come with many financial benefits like tax credits and rebates. Furthermore, installing an EV charging station at home can help to increase the value of your property while protecting you from rising electricity costs. With all these advantages, it’s easy to see why more people are making the smart decision to invest in their own EV charging station today.
Please visit our dedicated EV Charging website for all your EV charging needs, and to arrange a free quote.