Why You Should Get A Carbon Monoxide Monitor Installed In Your Home or Rental Property

Carbon monoxide monitor

Carbon Monoxide is a lethal gas that can be deadly when breathed in in high concentrations. Aside from being found in the air, it can also come from gas appliances such as boilers, ovens and fireplaces, and without a carbon monoxide monitor, it is most likely not to be detected by you – that’s why it is generally known as the ‘silent killer’. That’s why it’s so important to install a carbon monoxide monitor in your home or rental property to avoid any potential casualties.

What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is a gas that is produced when fuel is burned. It is colourless, odourless, and tasteless, and it can be deadly if inhaled in high concentrations. 

Most people know to install a smoke detector in their home, but many don’t realise the importance of having a carbon monoxide monitor as well. Carbon monoxide poisoning is one of the leading causes of accidental death, and it can happen anywhere there is a fuel-burning appliance or engine. If you have a fireplace, boiler, gas oven or hob, or any other type of fuel-burning appliance in your home or rental property, it’s important to have a carbon monoxide detector installed to keep your family or tenants safe.

The UK law surrounding CO monitors in rented properties

In the UK, from the 1st October 2022, landlords are now legally required to install carbon monoxide monitors in their rental properties on every floor of living space. This is because carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas that can be deadly if inhaled. A carbon monoxide monitor will sound an alarm if it detects high levels of carbon monoxide in the air, giving you time to get out of the house and call for help.

There are a few different types of carbon monoxide monitors available on the market, so make sure to do your research before purchasing one. You want to make sure that you buy a reliable product that will work well in your rental property.

Here at Godiva Build, we install mains-powered carbon monoxide monitors which are ideal for any rental property. The main benefit of mains-powered carbon monoxide detectors is you don’t have to ever worry about changing batteries, keeping you safe in the knowledge your tenants are protected constantly and significantly reducing any liability concerns. It only takes a few minutes for carbon monoxide poisoning to take effect, so not having to worry about any downtime of your alarm is obviously reassuring. 

Can I get a mains-powered carbon monoxide detector fitted in my home?

Yes, absolutely! We supply and fit carbon monoxide detectors at homes just like yours. Don’t leave anything to chance when it comes to your family. The process of installing a CO monitor is relatively quick, we can have your family protected in a matter of an hour or so. 

Installing a CO monitor

At Godiva Build, we want to take as much stress out of installing your mains-powered carbon monoxide monitor. Our expert team are on hand to get the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible. We will be able to tell you where the best place to position the alarms is and how many you need to be fully protected.

The process only takes a few hours and once installed there is practically no maintenance involved compared to battery-powered alternatives. 


If you’re looking for a way to improve the safety of your home, a carbon monoxide monitor is a no-brainer. Furthermore, if you are a landlord, it is now set in law. Not only will it help your family or tenants safe from the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, but it can also give you peace of mind knowing that your home is being monitored for this potentially deadly gas. So if you’re looking for a simple and effective way to improve the safety of your home, be sure to get a carbon monoxide monitor installed today.

    Your Basket
    Your basket is emptyReturn to Care Plans